Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Week 7, Exercise 16 - 17

I suppose we can say that wikis, collaboratively edited web pages, are old news, being out there for a while. They are easy to use, have a simple syntax and you are not required to know HTML. One of the disadvantages could be that sometimes they can be a bit disorganised and with so many people having editing access they can be very prone to errors.
I can see them as a very useful tool in libraries - interaction with customers, interaction with staff and as a communication worktool for a shared workspace. It seems that American libraries use them with great success.

I would have liked to learn more about PBwiki but none of the Video Gallery tutorials was working. It was surprising to find out that PBwiki has more pages than Wikipedia. At the end of my journey through thing 17 I added my blog to the Favourite blogs page.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done and glad to see you added your blog to the PB wiki